- This event has passed.
Facilities and Grounds Technician
November 3 @ 8:00 am - November 30 @ 5:00 pm$20
Historic New England seeks a full-time Facilities and Grounds Technician, responsible for maintaining the grounds at the Eustis Estate Museum located in Milton, Massachusetts. A detail-oriented communicator who takes pride in their work, the facilities and grounds technician plays a key role in maintaining the eighty acres of gardens and picturesque landscape nestled at the foot of the Blue Hills to a high standard of care.
Classification: Full time; non-exempt
Location: New England residency required; Based in Milton, Massachusetts
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Cares for gardens, plants, and landscapes through mowing, planting, weeding, pruning, watering, tree care, leaf removal, trash pickup etc.
- Operates and maintains lawn mowers, heavy equipment, and standard landscape equipment including chainsaws and trimmers
- Performs heavy landscape construction and maintenance projects including but not limited to new landscape installations, clearing brush, and repairing potholes
- Keeps sites accessible during snow emergencies, clearing snow from paths and building entrances to maintain access and helps shovel roofs as needed
- Supports annual maintenance and service contracts of properties and provides access to outside contractors as instructed
- Assists property care staff with maintenance, painting, and repairs to buildings and landscape features
- Responds to security alarms and building or landscape emergencies
- Supports the management of public programs and functions by assisting with set up and take down, moving furniture or equipment, parking, and other duties
Skills and Qualifications:
- New England residency required
- High school diploma or GED and/or suitable job-related experience
- Must be able to operate effectively both individually and in a team environment, where communication within and among the teams is essential to success. Ability to interact and communicate orally and in writing is essential
- Problem-solving skills and ability to effectively implement work processes to complete tasks according to schedule
- Knowledge of methods and practices used in landscaping
- A valid driver’s license
- Verification of full COVID-19 vaccination status or exemption approved by Historic New England prior to the start date of employment
- Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Basic computer skills including use of e-mail
- Equipment maintenance
- Experience with minor plumbing, electrical, painting, and/or carpentry
Salary: $20.00 hourly
What We Offer: It is our philosophy to provide equitable and externally competitive total compensation. We are proud to offer a generous comprehensive benefits package, which includes.
- Medical, dental, vision, health care and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, domestic partner benefits, wellness programs
- 403b plan with company match after twelve months, credit union benefits, discount on auto and homeowners insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Membership at Historic New England, reciprocating museum benefits, and more
Why Historic New England? At Historic New England, we celebrate the region’s diverse stories and rich cultural heritage. As we work externally reexamining our shared past to build a better future, internally we place focus on cultivating a powerful, inclusive, and diverse team experience. We are a team that prioritizes taking the time to celebrate our successes — both big and small — as we grow together and learn from one another. Visit our YouTube channel to find out more about the ways we’re making history together.
Applications: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@HistoricNewEngland.org.
Historic New England is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to supporting equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all qualified persons without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation