At Second Chance, we’ve made it our mission to provide jobs and on-the-job training to people
facing significant barriers to employment. We reclaim reusable furniture, appliances, and materials that otherwise would overflow our landfills and sell them in our 200,000 sq. ft. warehouse.
Deconstruction workers use building and construction principles to systematically dismantle structures, primarily residential buildings.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Disassemble standing structures or structural material.
• Disassemble installed equipment, cabinetry.
• Disassemble flooring, structural woodwork, windows, and doors.
• Disassemble roofing materials, siding, and exterior finishes.
• Disassemble plumbing and electrical supplies, and other materials for salvage, reuse, and/or
• Collect and dispose of garbage and recyclables into the appropriate receptacles for salvage,
reuse/and or recycling.
• Efficiently carry out all orders and duties assigned by the Crew Leader and/or Project Manager.
• Work in accordance with all safety regulations.
• Entry level position – no experience in deconstruction required.
• Physically capable of working an eight-hour shift in a dusty environment.
• Able to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
• Able to lift and move a great deal of material in a typical workday – capable of lifting 75 lbs.
without too much strain and/or without injury.
• Able to use hand tools and power tools without strain or injury
• HS diploma, GED or currently pursuing either preferred, not required. However, the active
pursuit to obtain a GED may be a condition of employment.
This is an entry-level position; however, wage is commensurate with experience.
Resumes can be sent to Second Chance via:
Or click here to fill out their application!
This job posting will close 1/31/2024.