- This event has passed.
11.03.2022 @ 8:00 am - 11.30.2022 @ 5:00 pm$45,000
Historic New England seeks a full-time preservation Facilities Coordinator, responsible for overseeing and performing the critical maintenance of historic sites and tenant apartments owned by Historic New England in the Metro-Boston and South regions. Working collaboratively with vested contractors and Historic New England personnel, this hands-on, proactive coordinator supports all site operations in accordance with a prescribed maintenance plan.
Classification: Full time; Exempt
Location: Eustis Estate, Milton, Massachusetts; New England residency required
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and performs maintenance activities at the Eustis Estate. Supports all site operations and ensures the smooth running of all the site activities. Monitors and collects data as required to support management of the site.
- Coordinates cyclical maintenance activities at the assigned properties beyond Eustis, documents the work, and ensures Historic New England standards are maintained.
- Responds to emergencies at the sites either in person or coordinates a response with the appropriate site or property care staff members.
- Performs minor maintenance activities at the sites as appropriate and following Historic New England best practices to ensure the sites are stable and cared for.
Skills and Qualifications:
- New England residency required
- Four years of job-related experience in property management or a related field.
- Working knowledge of word processing, e-mail, internet research, spreadsheets, digital photography and project management software.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment, where communication within and among the teams is essential to success. Ability to interact and communicate orally and in writing is essential.
- Problem solving skills and ability to effectively plan and implement work processes to complete tasks according to schedule.
- A valid driver’s license and a means of transportation.
- Verification of full COVID-19 vaccination status or exemption approved by Historic New England prior to the start date of employment
- Commitment to the values of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with facility management, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and security equipment.
- Understanding of landlord and tenant laws.
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
What We Offer: It is our philosophy to provide equitable and externally competitive total compensation. We are proud to offer a generous, comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, health care and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, domestic partner benefits, wellness programs
- 403b plan with company match after twelve months, credit union benefits, discount on auto and homeowners insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Membership at Historic New England, reciprocating museum benefits, and more
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@HistoricNewEngland.org
Historic New England is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to supporting equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all qualified persons without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.