- This event has passed.
Historic Carpenter Position Opening
October 26 @ 8:00 am - November 17 @ 5:00 pm
The Durable Restoration Company is seeking a full-time, experienced, historic carpenter.
Historic Carpenter Description/Job Summary:
3+ years of Historic Carpentry
The Historic Carpenter is responsible for the preservation/restoration efforts of their assigned scope of work. The Historic Carpenter will support the In-charge or Project foreman by effectively communicating their needs for each assigned task, if any and deliver uncompromising quality.
- General knowledge and skill set of framing carpentry
- General knowledge and skill set of paint grade finish carpentry
- Ability to create simple square, level, and plumb structures from drawings or existing conditions
- Ability to prepare material to be installed by squaring the wood or cutting it to the require widths and/or lengths
- Ability to repair/replace simple structural wood members
- Ability to remove old coatings down to bare material with little to no damage to historic wooden fabric
- Ability to remove and catalog historic windows, doors, and wooden fabric; removing with little to no damaged to the historic wooden fabric and recording the location, condition, and hardware to be reinstalled
- See job website for a full list of skill requirements!
What We Offer:
- Paid in house training
- Uncapped Over Time and Work through the Winter
- Paid travel time
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance and 401(k) after 90 days.
- QUARTERLY BONUSES, SATURDAY WORK BONUSES AND PERFECT ATTENDANCE BONUSES.
- Promotions based on performance, not tenure.
- Competitive pay
The position is located in Savage, Maryland with a $20 per hour estimated salary.
Click here for more information! Historic Carpenter – The Durable Slate Company – Career Page (applytojob.com)