Location: Pueblo, CO
Job Type: Full-Time (Classified)
Job Number: 2401-5170
Department: Parks & Recreation
Closing Date: 2/18/2024 11:59 PM Mountain
This is a non-exempt position under the day-to-day direction of the Park Area Crew Leader and under the general supervision of the Parks Supervisor. This position cares for assigned parks and recreation facilities including buildings, walls, bridges, memorials, streetscape planters, and masonry structures. Assists with emergency debris removal. Operates various pieces of equipment and uses hand tools in the performance of duties.
This job description is an overview and is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It’s not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions and tasks required of the position.
- Design, build, inspects, reports, maintains, restore, and repair stone, brick, concrete, and various masonry structures
- Builds, repairs, and restores historic masonry structures using traditional techniques
- Carving and repairing headstones and statues
- Ability to read and follow technical drawings
- Cutting, shaping, and dressing materials for the construction of stone, concrete and tile structures
- Builds concrete forms, pours, and finishes concrete
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, and repair of parks and recreation buildings and structures
- May assist other Parks staff in emergency tree branch and debris removal situations necessitating the brief operation of a chipper to facilitate such work
- Makes repairs of swimming pools decks, surfaces, and walls
- Assists Park Area Crew Leader in the removal of graffiti from City property
- Assists Park Area Crew Leader in the removal of snow from park drives, sidewalks, and other City facilities, river trails, and public sidewalks
- May perform the duties of similar classifications of an equal or lower pay grade
Click here for more information and apply!