The Campaign for Historic Trades is looking for a passionate, adventurous, and driven individual for a 12-month term position, hired through the Conservation Legacy Stewards AmeriCorps VISTA Program. This person will help The Campaign’s efforts to register apprenticeships, consolidate and platform trades training learning materials, and engage in outreach and partnership building.
Primary duties will include:
- Cultivating the Campaign for Historic Trades’ mission to expand and strengthen careers in the historic trades.
- Generating a list of partners and maintain registrations with the Department of Labor.
- Working with Curriculum Developer to create learning modules for apprenticeships and K – 12 learning modules related to historic trades.
- Working with industry partners to register learning modules for Continuing Education credits.
- Writing grant applications and reports that sustain the program.
- Networking with schools, organizations, and programs to develop pipelines into historic trades careers, through workshops, presentations, meetings, and curriculum outreach.
- Working with staff to maintain internal and external systems related to The Campaign, including a professional directory, event calendar, apprenticeship registrations, resource library, photo library, and reporting systems.
- Developing material for public outreach on social media, blogs, webinars, and presentations.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Representing The Campaign at public events, in professional networks, and in outreach activities;
- Assisting development team in write and submit grant proposals and reports;
- Developing and engaging in outreach activities – in person events, social media, blogs, and marketing materials;
- Identifying and engaging contractors, businesses, and craftspeople to train apprentices;
- Assisting in the development of an apprentice-employer registry;
- Helping with historic trades apprenticeship development, registration, and promotion;
- Compiling, organizing, and adapting curriculum for trades training programs for primary and secondary education levels, and helping platform these resources and make them 508 Compliant;
- Identifying and engaging pipelines for historic trades trainees;
- Developing and maintaining list of national training workshops and programs;
- Helping maintain and update historictrades.org website with training and educational resources;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is ideal for recent graduates looking for a career in workforce development, historic trades, historic preservation, and/or educational instruction and design.
- US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Some college or equivalent experience
- Able to commit a full year (365 days) to an amazing experience
- At least 18 years of age
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 by the first day of employment (and able to provide proof of vaccination if requested before starting)
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation and benefits are based on AmeriCorps VISTA program rates and benefits. For a detailed explanation of these benefits, please see the compensation summary linked below.
- Living stipend of no less than $1,116.60 per month (before taxes, minimum of $13,399.15 annually before tax)
- End of service benefits (Segal Education Award or cash award, upon completion of service)
- Student loan forbearance
- Settling-in allowance (up to $750) or relocation reimbursement (up to $1000)
- Workers Compensation
- Federal non-compete status for federal hiring (upon completion of service)
- Health benefits
- Childcare assistance
- 10x leave days, 10x sick days, 12x federal holidays
- In-person & virtual service and professional development training
- The chance of a lifetime to leave a legacy in a community in need
How to Apply for this Program:
All candidates must apply through AmeriCorps.gov (using the link below).
The deadline to apply is 6/23/2022. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Henshaw, Director of Historic Trades at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stewards Individual Placements Program and The Campaign for Historic Trades do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.