- This event has passed.
Build Up- Technical Information Services Intern
July 18 - August 24
HPTC Build Up Technical Internship- Technical Information Services Intern
|Length:||Term of position is 6 months; full-time 40 hrs/wk in the summer, part time during academic year|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Location:||Frederick, MD (Hybrid)|
|Application Due Date:||Preference given to applicants that submit application by 7/24/2023|
|Title of Position||HPTC Build Up Technical Information Services Intern|
Stewards Individual Placements (SIP) provides individuals with service and career opportunities to strengthen communities and preserve our natural resources. Participants work with federal agencies, tribal governments, and nonprofits building institutional capacity, developing community relationships, and supporting ecosystem health.
SIP in partnership with the National Park Service and Historic Preservation Training Center are looking for one individual for an exciting new opportunity as a HPTC Build Up Technical Information Services Intern. The goal of this position is to provide a technical internship that facilitates the opportunity to learn the full scope of NPS project documentation and library management.
HPTC is looking for 1 intern to work alongside NPS staff to learn and complete Historic Structure Treatment Records to fully document preservation projects for archival purposes and assist with the management of the HPTC Technical Library. The individual selected for this position will also have access to the HPTC and NPS robust internal training program which includes hands-on training in technical preservation work to planning and design services.
Position Responsibilities & Tasks will include:
- Communication with Project Leaders and Project Supervisors
- Understanding Historic preservation philosophy and traditional trade/technical details
- Completion of reports to meet NPS-28 standards
- Integration of 508 compliance to reports
- Working with staff architects to develop repertoire for technical writing
- Assist in management of HPTC technical library
- Work with NPS Library Coordinator to input new HPTC library books into the system
- Organize and cull existing library books with HPTC Library Coordinator
- Maintain HPTC periodical and professional organization subscriptions
- Trainings to be provided for this activity: NPS Library System Management
- Ages 18-30 (Up to 35 with veteran status documentation)
- Responsibility and time management skills to handle remote supervision and remote work (if applicable)
- Very strong communication skills (writing/editing)
- Very strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Writing experience (Chicago Style)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Historic Preservation background
- $26/hr (Full Time, 40 hours per week)
- Health coverage available
- OSHA-10 and Historic Preservation Fundamentals Training
- NPS Direct Hire Authority Eligible
- Networking across the National Park Service
- Involvement in dynamic team, get experience in and have impact on a national program in the National Park Service
- Exposure to many individuals in youth programs, historic preservation, and training world of National Park Service
- Ample professional and individual development opportunities to be determined by intern and supervisor
How to Apply:
Please be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter as part of this application.
Stewards Program Coordinator