- This event has passed.
Historic Mason, University of Virginia
October 26 @ 8:00 am - November 16 @ 5:00 pm
The University of Virginia is seeking a Historic Mason for Capital Construction & Renovations (CC&R) to perform work consisting of installing, finishing, and patching holes in walls, laying cement bricks and blocks for interior and exterior walls, and painting interior and exterior finishes. The Mason also installs, repairs, and replaces ceilings, tiles, floor tiles, and exterior roofing.
- Construct, repair, or demolish concrete bases, walls, floors, chimneys, and sidewalks, by using electric rotary hammers, air hammers, masonry saws, and other hand and power tools of the trade.
- Prepare and mix materials according to specifications.
- Apply first coat or finish coat of plaster using plastering devices such as trawls. Patch plaster breaks and cracks.
- Prepare estimates and requisitions materials.
- Perform all work in accordance with safety rules and procedures, such as OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations, National Electrical Code, and The Joint Commission.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Four years of relevant experience
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check and health screen.
The Anticipated Hiring Range for this position is $23.50 – $27.50 per hour. This is a full-time position with UVA benefits. Employee benefits package highlights include:
- 22 days of paid time off, increasing with service; 13+ paid holidays each year, in addition to paid time off; Parental and Community Service Leave
- Health plan with options to meet healthcare and financial needs
- Retirement through the Virginia Retirement System
- Tuition and professional development benefits
- Employee wellness program featuring activities to earn up to $500/year
Click here to apply! Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)