- This event has passed.
Preservation Technician Job Opening, Central Park
November 10 - November 24
Preservation Technicians in the Central Park Infrastructure Department focus on the applied preservation, restoration, and maintenance of the Park’s historic architectural and decorative features including bridges and arches, display fountains, pergolas, benches, decks, fences and railings, and other decorative objects. Work collaboratively with other members of the Preservation and Conservation departments on specialized projects requiring masonry, carpentry, metalwork, cleaning, and coatings application under the supervision of a Foreperson and Assistant Manager.
- Participate in the preservation, construction, repair, and maintenance of wooden structures including rustic woodwork, fine woodwork, deck replacement, patching, sanding, cleaning, and coatings applications.
- Participate in the preservation, repair, and maintenance of metal structures, including welding, chasing, patching, patinating, molding, casting, cleaning, and coatings applications.
- Participate in the preservation, repair, and maintenance of historic masonry structures, including mortar pointing, patching, sealing, stone stabilization, stone carving, molding, casting, cleaning, and stain or graffiti removal.
- A four-year high school diploma or equivalent; and
- Professional experience or applied training in one of the related preservation trades, including carpentry, masonry, metalworking, painting, modeling, carving, or mold-making.
- Technically proficient hand skills and a rigorous attention to detail.
- Respect and appreciation for the fundamental value of historical landscapes, structures, and objects.
Salary Range: $46,000 – $52,000 based on experience.
For a full list of duties, requirements, and to apply: Preservation Technician – Central Park Conservancy Careers (oraclecloud.com)