- This event has passed.
Historic Santa Fe Foundation – Preservation Projects and Programs
March 1 - March 6
Title: Preservation Projects and Programs Manager
Status: Full time
Reports to: Executive Director
Posted: February 16, 2023
The job requires abilities ranging from skilled, hands-on preservation techniques, interface with the public and with board committees, and clerical and routine organization and upkeep of records and documentation. Some of the areas of expertise are briefly described as follows:
- Preservation Specialist: Hands-on experience in historic building maintenance and repair, including such things as window repair, maintenance of mud plaster, routine plumbing and electrical repairs (and contracting such work for larger projects) in a historic context, and historic garden and irrigation maintenance.
- Education: Plan and teach preservation workshops, including hands-on experience; lead private and public tours; work with the HSFF internship program to coordinate experience.
- El Zaguán: Oversee the hands-on and contracted repairs and maintenance of the HSFF building; coordinate, assist, and document daily chores and arrange for annual maintenance; coordinate and assist with mud and lime plastering; assist with tenant needs; deal with building issues as they arise; maintain building records.
- HSFF Preservation Easement Program: Provide education about the program; work with property owners and the public; maintain documentation and records, including spreadsheets, photographs, digital files and flat files; assist the Property Committee with preparation of new easements. Organize, perform and document annual visits.
- Other: Assist office and gallery staff as needed; contribute occasional written articles; provide public education and interface regarding the HSFF Register; monitor the Cross of the Martyrs; work with the city regarding permits and work in progress.
The position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Property Committee, as well as the Education Committee, and other staff. Office location is the Foundation building at 545 Canyon Road, Santa Fe, NM (El Zaguán).
The Preservation Programs and Project Manager position is full time, salaried, with benefits including holidays, vacation, sick time, an employee health reimbursement plan, and a 401k plan matched by the Foundation. The Historic Santa Fe Foundation is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Applications will be accepted through Monday, March 6, 2023 or until the position is filled. Please inquire by email with a letter of interest and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org