- This event has passed.
Build Up Training Support and eLearning Design/Multimedia Development and Management Intern
HPTC Build Up Training Support and eLearning Design/Multimedia Development and Management Intern
|Length:||11 full time weeks in the summer with an option to extend part-time up to 52 weeks total during the school year|
|Location:||Frederick, MD (remote eligible)|
|Application Due Date:||Preference given to applicants that submit application by 5/15/2023|
|Title of Position||Training Support and eLearning Design/Multimedia Development and Management|
Stewards Individual Placements (SIP) provides individuals with service and career opportunities to strengthen communities and preserve our natural resources. Participants work with federal agencies, tribal governments, and nonprofits building institutional capacity, developing community relationships, and supporting ecosystem health.
SIP in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) and Historic Preservation Training Center (HPTC) are seeking an individual for an exciting new opportunity as a Training Support and eLearning Design/Multimedia Development and Management Intern. The goal of this position is to provide a behind-the-scenes opportunity to learn and contribute to the full scope youth and training programming provided by HPTC Learning Services. The individual selected for this opportunity will receive direct mentorship from NPS Staff and work closely with the Historic Preservation Training Center, Facility Workforce Career Academy (FWCA) team. As a member of the team, the intern will support the team which provides NPS service wide training programs in the field of historic preservation, facilities maintenance, and facility management. Both the supervisor and other members of the teams will be involved in assignment of work and review of produced deliverables to ensure the intern is able to: develop skills in critical thinking, overcoming obstacles, solve problems, manage workload, engage subject matter experts (SME), and ensure produced work is 508 compliant.
The Historic Preservation Training Center (HPTC) of the National Park Service is a centralized department dedicated to the safe preservation and maintenance of national park and partner facilities. HPTC is dedicated to training the next generation of federal employees and stresses preservation philosophy alongside specialized training in masonry, carpentry, and wood crafting. As a Stewards intern, this position will work closely with Training Managers and Specialists, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and the National Park Service (NPS) Facility Maintenance (FM) Community to create and deliver NPS specific curriculum through custom media designed to meet the needs of today’s learners.
This is a unique internship opportunity to create in-house micro and eLearnings in support of the NPS FM community, to gain a better technical and working knowledge of a Learning Management System (LMS) and all its capabilities, and to provide coordination and logistical support for both on-line and in-person training sessions.
Through this opportunity, the intern will develop skills and understanding, as well as have person/professional development experiences in: teamwork, facilitation, writing, communication, critical thinking, time management, Learning Management System, prioritization, organization, self-direction and the use of SharePoint sites.
Identified Projects and Position Responsibilities include:
- 508 Compliance for approximately 20 PowerPoint training presentations for in-person trainings and 2 micro learnings (no longer than 10 minutes) and 3 eLearnings (varying in length from 30 minutes – 2 hours) in support of Water Wastewater Operator training.
- Sourcing materials including photographs, video recordings, and graphics for inclusion in the development of micro and eLearnings from the NPS photo collection and outside sources.
- Final formatting of all micro and eLearnings to be compatible to be uploaded into the Moodle based NPS Learning Management System (LMS).
- Production of between 2-5 info graphics that can either be incorporated to a micro learning or used as a stand-alone document training document.
- Working alongside NPS staff to create in-house micro and eLearnings in support of the NPS FM community
- Create and manage elearnings in the NPS Moodle based Learning Management System (LMS)
- Create and maintain course registrations, list of attendees, changes, logistical support including finding hotels, reserving rooms, managing room blocks and provide on-site in-person training support.
- Ages 18-30
- Responsibility and time management skills to handle remote supervision and remote work
- Very strong communication skills (writing/editing)
- Very strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Two years of experience developing academic presentations, simulations, videos, and animations.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite tools to develop a variety of animations, video, and visual education materials.
- Knowledge and experience in Articulate Storyline and Adobe Creative (or similar) to create structured Presentations.
- Experience sourcing and modifying stock images, illustrations, and video illustrations to further convey the instructional message.
- Experience with Microsoft Stream.
- Experience in developing simulations, learning games, and story based or problem-based learning experiences.
- On location photo and video capture experience, Sony equipment preferred.
- Premiere Pro and Photoshop video and photo editing experience preferred.
- Passion for designing and creating custom eLearning modules and presentation for deployment on a variety of devices.
- Enjoys collaboratively working within a creative team to research new ideas and pilot cutting edge educational materials.
- Experience project managing and collaborating with vendors.
- Digital portfolio of previous projects.
- Experience with Canvas LMS a plus.
- Interns should be seeking a degree: Associate’s Degree required Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Media Development, Instructional Technology, Graphic Design, or Fine Arts. Special consideration will be given to interns in their 3rd year of their 4-year Bachelor Degree.
- $21.50/hr (Full Time, 30-40 hours per week) and will be awarded $1,000. If moving is required, $2,500 will be allocated to moving costs.
- Health coverage available
- Direct Hire Authority eligible
- Flexible work schedule potential
- Travel to National Park Service sites available
- Networking across the National Park Service
- Involvement in dynamic team, get experience in and have impact on a national program in the National Park Service
- Exposure to many individuals in youth programs, historic preservation, and training world of National Park Service
- Ample professional and individual development opportunities to be determined by intern and supervisor
How to Apply:
Please be prepared to submit a resume and cover letter as part of this application.
Stewards Program Coordinator